“Hope for Autism: 10 Practical Solutions to Everyday Challenges”, is an answer to the many questions posed daily by parents desperately seeking ways to simplify the lives and daily tasks of their children living with autism. This book addresses topics such as making eye contact, sleeping, trying new foods, homework, play skills, tantrums, communication, waiting, toileting, and transitions.
Many question if autism has become the new norm. Research reveals that one in every 68 children are diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD), a group of developmental disabilities that cause significant social, communication, and behavioral challenges. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), over 2 million individuals in the United States, and tens of millions worldwide, are affected with ASD. Yet, there is no cure. Such shockingly high statistics leave parents feeling hopeless and desperate for solutions. Hope for Autism: 10 Practical Solutions to Everyday Challenges provides the hope they seek!
Incorporating a multi-disciplinary approach, Hope for Autism: 10 Practical Solutions to Everyday Challenges, allows the reader to:
• Discover the appropriate way to develop social stories, a visual guide that presents information in a story format to help children with ASD learn daily routines, expectations, procedures, and behavioral standards.
• Gain access to the M-CHAT-R (Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers), a scientifically validated screening tool used to assess the risk of ASD in children 16 to 30 months of age.
• Obtain insight from a host of specialists in designated fields such as feeding, vision, dental, clinical psychology, applied behavior, and speech therapy, just to name a few.
• Get connected to social networks, support groups, and local/online resources.
• Be empowered from practical solutions and the insightful interviews from a variety of specialists.