Jean-Claude Dehmel II was born in Vallejo, California to an All-American mother of Anglo-Irish
ancestry and a French immigrant who abandoned the family before Dehmel was out of the mother’s womb. Despite great odds Mr. Dehmel went to college (Humboldt State University) where he studied Mathematics and later law school (University at Buffalo). In 2004 he moved to mainland China to take up a teaching position at Liaoning Institute of Technology in Jinzhou, China. It was there he met his wife Li Xiao Bai. The marriage lasted three years. Mr. Dehmel has no children. He is the happy owner of a Pit Bull/Black lab mix. He has been a licensed attorney in Connecticut since 2009 but has little to no interest in practicing law.
He is the author of three other books: Poetry for the Lovelorn, Notes from an American Jail and
The House that Vivian Built.
- : I just felt like I need to write one day and so started writing.
- : Hmm... Kinky book.
- : That's quite a story. I was locked up in the county klink on a public intoxication charge for two months. I started keeping notes because 1) I knew it would make for an interesting read and 3) It was good habit to cope with the stress.
- : Poetry when I was 19.
- : SF bay area and Sacramento Valley. The cosmopolitan nature of California exposed me to a wide variety of people and lifestyles.
- : Evening, night.
- : Political autobiography.
- : I don't spend much time writing. I've been chronically unemployed for years. I sleep in. Listen to the radio, daydream, play with my dog. Daydreaming and escapism.
- : Depends on subject matter. I make mental notes to develop plot direction. The jail house chronicle was straightforward. Poetry is more complicated and slow going.
- : Don't have favorite books.
- : English teacher, security guard, immigration lawyer. Plus all the little jobs since a child, you know, all american boy stuff: paper route, mow lawns, fast food etc.
- : I like books.
- : I use Canva.
- : No outline.
- : Reading the work after not looking at it for months. By then I have forgotten what I wrote and it looks new and interesting to me. I am impressed by myself.
- : http://booklife.com/profile/jean-claude-dehmel-15097 amazon.com/author/jeanclaudedehmel https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/59618529-jean-claude-dehmel-ii https://plus.google.com/u/0/110716936144009239632 https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/59618529-jean-claude-dehmel-ii https://bestindiebooks.com/1/shop/fiction/my-blue-heaven/
- : Not really. Thanks for reading.