My name is Dale Lewis Roberts, and I’m an American Council on Exercise Personal Trainer, Certified, with an ACE Specialty Certification in Senior Fitness. Since beginning my personal training career in 2006, I have earned numerous certifications in personal training, yoga, nutritional coaching, among others. I have worked with hundreds of clients with a variety of health & fitness goals.
While my greatest passions are health & fitness, writing and reading, I also love to spend time traveling with my wife, watching pro wrestling and playing guitar. I currently reside in Phoenix, Arizona, with my wife, Kelli, and our rescue cat, Izzie.
- : I've always been an avid reader of everything. It was when I decided that the 9-5 job wasn't fulfilling me, and I had a lot to say to the world. So, I stepped away from my job and focused on writing full-time. It's been a year since I left my job, and I have managed to support myself with my author earnings.
- : I wrote a story when I was a boy that was about a boy that met and became best friends with an alien. The two of them won a contest to do a toy shopping spree. I'm not sure that I have that story anymore.
- : I'm working on a comprehensive guide to stretching and flexibility. I'm using a professional photographer for the exercise pictures, a clothing designer for the fashion-sense, great editor and an excellent cover designer. This book will include exercise examples, specific instructions, pictures, linked videos and flexibility programs for the reader.
- : I started writing when I was a boy but rediscovered my love for writing about two years ago.
- : I was raised in North Carolina, then later in Ohio. My geography didn't influence my writing, but it certainly exposed me to more culture than most kids. Fortunate to be a military brat, I was able to travel all over the world with my family.
- : My writing flow works best in the early morning or late night. There are too many distractions I allow throughout the day.
- : I'm working on a flexibility training book and have a few other projects on exercise in the works.
- : I love spending time with my wife, playing with my cat, working out, listening to music and playing my guitar.
- : My writing process is pretty cut and dry. I formulate the topic, figure out the title, fill out an outline, break down the outline into smaller sizes, and then fill out the outline with content. After I have written the book, I go back through and edit. I try not to focus on typos, or mistakes when I first write. Editing is arduous enough, so there's no sense in wasting time in writing. So, when I'm writing, I type with a flow of thought then worry about the small details later.
- : My favorite books are: "Have a Nice Day" by Mick Foley "You'll See It When You Believe It" by Wayne Dyer "The Motivation Manifesto" by Brendon Burchard "Combat Conditioning" by Matt Furey "The Dark Tower" by Stephen King These books hit me on an emotional level or have shaped who I am today.
- : I'm a full-time author and assist my wife in her Amazon FBA business. My primary career was in the health care industry as an Activities Director for over a decade, and my secondary career was in the health and fitness industry as a Certified Personal Trainer.
- : I use my HTC One phone and Kindle app for reading my books. Some e-books I'll read on my pdf app.
- : I usually leave the cover designs up to the experts and give a general idea of what I'm looking for when I'm producing a book. Up until a couple of months ago, I used designers on Fiverr. But, more recently, I have used a couple of graphic design artists.
- : The outline is crucial for me to stay on track and put out organized thoughts. If left to my own devices without an outline, I tend to ramble and type out unnecessary or irrelevant content.
- : Right now, I just enjoy the process of finishing a book. Also, I love when people derive value from my books.
- : Come check me out on my blog at DaleLRoberts.com or follow me on Twitter @ptdaleroberts.
- : Remember that whatever you do, make sure that you do what you love.