Dave O’Leary is a writer and musician living in Seattle. His second novel, The Music Book, is a collection of the writings O’Leary has done about Seattle bands for both Northwest Music Scene (http://www.northwestmusicscene.com/author/davemusic/) and the now defunct Seattle Subsonic. It is a fictional narrative wrapped around and within the actual music, a story about live music in Seattle and, more broadly, about the power of music in our lives. A CD of the music experienced in the book has been released by Seattle indie label, Critical Sun Recordings.
1. Horse Bite (Infinitum, October 2011)
2. Condoms on Christmas (The Monarch Review, May 2012)
3. I Was a Mean Boy (Slate.com, March 2013)
4. The Music Book (Booktrope, October 2014)
5. Valentine’s Seahorse (Booktrope, February 2015)
6. The Struggle of the Artist (Portland Book Review, January 2015)
Showing the single result