Aegis Rising is a multi-award winning story of friendship, adventure and survival in the face of an approaching apocalypse.
We had our chance. Our days are now numbered.
A powerful order with ancient roots plots the end of humankind. All that stands between them and life as we know it are five unsuspecting friends from Montana.
Jag Sanchez, Tegan Ryder and their three best friends are cast into an adventure of epic proportions when their small plane crashes in the remote forest of northern Canada. They are rescued and healed by a secret tribe with mind-bending abilities — and a terrifying divination. The group soon learns that not everyone in the peaceful village means them well, and a larger, more sinister force was at work. Discovering that the fate of the world now rests on their shoulders, the teenagers reluctantly accept their roles.
Armed with powers entrusted to them by an ancient prophecy and the resilience of their enduring friendship, can the five companions survive the onslaught of a ruthless enemy and disrupt its malevolent scheme?
Worlds Collide. Heroes Arise.
“Astonishingly imaginative and thoughtful…” ~Samuel F. Pickering, inspiration for Academy Award-winning movie Dead Poets Society~
What readers on Amazon are saying about Aegis Rising:
- An amazing first novel from an author to watch! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and plan to read everything else I can find by S.S. Segran. Harry Potter and Hunger Games fans should love this series! I plan to suggest that my local library purchase these books. They deserve to be widely read and enjoyed.” ~ A.J. Norton ~
- “I just finished reading Aegis Rising for the second time and liked it just as much if not more than the first.” ~Voracious Reader~
- “I’ll preface by saying I’m a 45 year old father who started reading this book to see if my 11 year old son would enjoy it. By the end of the prologue even I was hooked As soon as I finished this book, I immediately asked my son to read it with me again. Now he is hooked!” ~ Sapphyrez ~
- “This is one of the best books I have read in a long time. I could not put it down. If you start this book, plan on doing nothing else for the next few days. I put it right there with The Hunger Games, Divergent, and Percy Jackson.” ~ Amazon Customer ~
- “Wow! An absolutely stunning and intense adventure! I believe this series is some of the best books I have ever read!” ~ Maia Silverdagger~
- “This is a wonderful, action-packed book with amazing characters who possess amazing skills and beautiful spirits. I want to live in Dema-Ki!” ~ Amanda J. ~
- “Aegis Rising by S.S. Segran is laudable for many reasons; the originality of the story line, depth of characters and the general flair for the written word. It seems Segran is a born writer, coaxing beauty from mundane words and imagery that paints mountains and volcanoes in your mind.” ~ Heather G. ~
- “I have read all of the Percy Jackson, Hunger Games and Divergent series and this series is as good if not better than all of them.” ~ Charlotte Sepulvado ~